Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Thank You Wave is Back


So I was thinking last night about the thank-you-wave. Not too many people still do it, but there are some chivalrous individuals holding on to it like a balding man holds on to those few measly strands 5 inches longer than the rest of his peripheral hair, brushing them over proudly as if he is fooling us all into thinking he actually has a full head of hair. But back to the thank-you-wave. There is really no reason it should be confined to cars. I am going to implement the thank you wave into the milieu of accepted gestures outside of the vehicle. After all, there are already several ubiquitous signs that really get the message across. Take the flip-off. Now that's a gesture that had its start outside the realm of cars but made its way in.

Today if someone tells me they like my shirt or compliments my hair (which would never happen as I somehow managed to sleep on it such that most of it lies in the plane perpendicular to my head), I am going to walk right past them; and without looking back I'll just hold up my right hand. Booyah, chivalry's back beeotches.


1 comment:

  1. there is a documentary named the combover movie that you need to watch

    ReplyDelete